Halo Wars Title Update #2 Patch Notes Discussion

Last post 12-11-2010, 10:08 PM by MiTcH RuNz 330. 345 replies.
Page 2 of 24 (346 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-11-2009, 2:35 PM 584160 in reply to 584152

Re: Halo Wars Title Update #2 Patch Notes Discussion

I FJ I:

No, i said hog rushing wasnt OP, nor was her eco advantage, or atleast not that OP. I do belive the guass spam is OP!!!!

Wait, what? O.o

If her economy bonus isn't OP, then why should her Gauss spam be OP?  Why should her Gauss spam be any better than any other UNSC Gauss Spam?

If it was just the Gauss Hogs and not Anders, why mention her at all?

•  05-11-2009, 2:36 PM 584162 in reply to 584152

Bah, this patch sucks a fat one.  Period.  I know the community has been asking for a lot more fixes than just the Prophet.  Gauss spam is a biggie.  The points guys have been crying about getting points when other people resign(seriously, what would this hurt if it were added).  No points removal for friendly fire to discourage griefers.

I mean, there are several, what sohuld be easy, fixes to add. Why are they not in?

•  05-11-2009, 2:38 PM 584165 in reply to 584118

Sorry if I'm missing something but what about these new gametypes?
    ODST FiReFiGht - Arby
    ODST Tro0pEr - Cutter
    ODST Sh0cKz - Anders

Shove the gravity hammer up the Prophet's ***, then vortex it.
  •  05-11-2009, 2:41 PM 584171 in reply to 584118

Aloysius:Halo Wars Title Update 5/12/09

General
    • Flaming Warthog and Honor Guard Wraith skins now available in multiplayer to players who have those skulls.
    • The option to show Unit Hit Point bars above units is now available.
    Balance
    • The number of points to reach all ranks has been reduced. General now requires 2.4 million, down from 3.2 million, and other ranks have been reduced accordingly.
    • The max number of points you can get in a single match has been capped.
    • The Prophet of Regret’s land speed is now reduced to match other leaders.
    • Vampire Tech Upgrades now increase damage done by 15% in addition to their other effects.
    • Anders Cryo Bomb Upgrades now cost 50% more supplies.
    • Anders Hawk Upgrade now costs 50% more supplies.
    Bug Fixes
    • Multiplayer Matchmaking and Connection improvements have been put in. Players should find that their 2v2 and 3v3 teams no longer split up.
    • 'Ready for the Sequel' Achievement should now be rewarded properly.
    • Units on Exile and Crevice should find it easier to traverse the map.

The patch should be available for download on your Xbox 360 in the next day or so (most likely starting very early tomorrow morning). Sorry I can't give a more specific time, as it depends on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

love it cool patches all that i wanted

master yoda
    ein volk
    ein riche
    ein fuher

said that nazi bast***
  •  05-11-2009, 2:42 PM 584172 in reply to 584150

JimmyP:

Hostile NKFi:I think we can safely say 1v1 is totally dead. At least before we saw Prophet and Anders rushing, now using Prophet will be laughable.

I'll still be playing 1v1.  I enjoy fending off the rush.

I love turning warthog rushes around. It's an easy win. Gauss Hogs are shredded by upgrade turrets! Easy as 1, 2, 3

Push them back long enough to get to tech 3 and it's Good Game. Really.

•  05-11-2009, 2:42 PM 584173 in reply to 584165

Hopefully cutter gets a boost next patch cause he really needs one. Anders is going to be even more deadly now regardless of her hawk nerf.
    Gamertags- LoC SnOwGhOst

•  05-11-2009, 2:42 PM 584175 in reply to 584165

MODWOLFKING:Sorry if I'm missing something but what about these new gametypes?

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
  •  05-11-2009, 2:42 PM 584176 in reply to 584165

The game types come with the DLC, not the patch.  We'll have to pay for them.  :(

•  05-11-2009, 2:45 PM 584180 in reply to 584176

JimmyP:

The game types come with the DLC, not the patch.  We'll have to pay for them.  :(

WTF! Halo 3 brings out new gametypes every month and we don't pay?!? 

ODST FiReFiGht - Arby
    ODST Tro0pEr - Cutter
    ODST Sh0cKz - Anders

Shove the gravity hammer up the Prophet's ***, then vortex it.
  •  05-11-2009, 2:48 PM 584184 in reply to 584176

I like what is addressed but I personally was expecting more than just what was already announced.

I personally have a problem with Arbiter and Gauss Hogs(Anders), imo both overpowered.

I also was hoping for some bug fixes, like Prophet's Ancestral Perversion flyers to not stay where they are if u kill the prophet 3 seconds after he spawns... or plenty of other annoying ones.

Hopefully the next patch addresses more and is out fast.

•  05-11-2009, 2:48 PM 584186 in reply to 584180

MODWOLFKING:
    JimmyP:

WTF! Halo 3 brings out new gametypes every month and we don't pay?!? 

I dunno, i might be wrong about paying for them.  But I can assure you the game types will not come with the patch.  They will be separate DLC.

•  05-11-2009, 2:50 PM 584188 in reply to 584165

ugh first off im happy we got more info. everything on it we needed BUT  its not enough. heres the list of the rest they needed

1. the hogs of course something need to be done

2. cutter needs some kind of buff (just a little)

3.same with the BC(just a little)

4. let two people play together in 3v3( so it just finds a thrid for you)

5.penalize quittin in some way 

6. spread the points of someone quitin to the other team because they would of lost their base thats why they are quitin

7.do somethin about team killin

robot u need to really consider these cause this is what is losing a bunch a people off this game which is sad cause u did make a GREAT GAME. but it needs more

k now these are things that are harder for them to do but would probably make this game last way longer (and these are pretty obvisious i know)

1. MORE DIVERSITY!!!

2. new leaders not a new faction

3.more units

4. more upgrades

robot just pick one of these plez

•  05-11-2009, 2:51 PM 584189 in reply to 584176

A few notes:

Title Updates and Patches have a long lead time due to certification processes and bug fixing. You guys, the community, progressed faster along the way the designers anticipated for MP. So yes, we're totally 100% aware of the Hog Rush and what fixes might go in for it, but it couldn't make it in for this TU.

If you noticed, Hog Rushes really started kicking in once we announced Covenant Leader nerfs, so players were working against our changes before we even put them in!

The first DLC pack coming up soon is pretty cool, and I think that a lot of people will really dig the new game types.

•  05-11-2009, 2:55 PM 584192 in reply to 584186

Thank God! Now I don't have to worry about getting to a General before I die of old age. Now when I DO get General I'll be an (almost dead) old man! Yay!

But really thanks for the new patch. Tho I wasn't hoping that you guys would tell us when it comes out one day before it comes out.

I'd say more but it seems that it has already been said PLENTY of times in the above posts.

I'm a beast in Deathmatch.
    Not so beast in Standard but can still kinda hold my own.
    Currently looking for decent partners in 2's and 3's whether it be Deathmatch or Standard.
  •  05-11-2009, 2:55 PM 584194 in reply to 584189

Aloysius:we're totally 100% aware of the Hog Rush and what fixes might go in for it, but it couldn't make it in for this TU.

There you have it.  That's all they needed to hear.  Happy now??? ya cry babies!!!!

Page 2 of 24 (346 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML