Halo Waypoint Transition (Please Read)

Last post 12-08-2010, 3:47 PM by Cocopjojo. 263 replies.
Page 1 of 18 (264 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-16-2010, 12:23 PM 953396

Halo Waypoint Transition (Please Read)

Greetings, friends.

Halo Wars / Halo Waypoint Transition

In an effort to provide the Halo Wars community a lively, active, and well-moderated set of forums for discussion, we are soon going to be transitioning the Halo Wars forums to Halo Waypoint's forums. What this means is that the Halo Wars site will be taken offline and we will ask all of you, if you'd like to continue discussing the game, to do so over at the home for all things Halo, Halo Waypoint.

While I know some of you will see this as bad news, it really isn't: Halo Waypoint, unlike HaloWars.com, is updated daily by bs angel and the rest of the community team. We have very big plans for Halo Waypoint, and if you've seeen the mobile app that we just announced, then you'll have an idea of where we're headed with it. Additionally, its forums are fully moderated, so it will be a lot less chaotic than this place tends to be on occasion. I think some of the members here have realized this latter point because we've gotten the suggestion from a few members here to ask this community to move over there.

HaloWars.com / TU5

There will be a fifth Title Update for Halo Wars. Unfortunately, it won't include many of the fixes that we all wanted it to include.

TU5 will basically do two things:

1. Fix the Theater issues that are preventing some players from viewing some cutscenes
    2. Some backend work to prepare the game for disconnecting from HaloWars.com. This was a fairly significant amount of work, as we wanted to be sure that multiplayer for the game still functioned properly without HaloWars.com and other backend support.

What this second point means is that when we transition the forums to Halo Waypoint, we're also going to be taking HaloWars.com completely offline. So the forums will disappear and so will online stat-tracking. I know this will be rough on a lot of you, and I can promise that it wasn't a decision made lightly.

When?

December 15th, 2010.

Halo Waypoint Exclusive Forum Avatar

Members of HaloWars.com who register for Halo Waypoint's forums, can choose to have a special avatar applied to their Halo Waypoint forum account. These avatars are not available to the rest of Halo Waypoint community. It pretty much works the same way as the Halo Wars O.G. avatar here. There will be two different avatars available depending on your membership status here:

• The Halo Wars O.G. avatar: This looks the same as it does here. If you are a Halo Wars O.G. here, please PM me from your Halo Wars O.G. account on this website (HaloWars.com) and let me know your account name over at Halo Waypoint. I'll make sure bs angel applies your avatar.
    • The Halo Wars avatar: This is similar to the Halo Wars O.G. avatar but without the "Halo Wars O.G." text. This is for all members of HaloWars.com who wish to show their Halo Wars heritage. Again, PM me from your account on this website (HaloWars.com) and let me know your account name over at Halo Waypoint. I will make sure bs angel applies your avatar.

What do I do now?

Register for Halo Waypoint's forums, if you haven't done so already. Enjoy the time you have here on HaloWars.com and print-screen or copy-paste any of your favorite old posts and/or game history data, since that will all be taken offline on December 15th. We won't be carrying over accounts, posts, or anything else between the two forums.

I hope you all enjoyed the Leaderboard reset, and just don't forget: you can continue to play Halo Wars and discuss it to your heart's content. We're just moving you to a bigger, better website. :)

I'll try to be on hand here to answer any questions that you guys may have.

•  11-16-2010, 12:49 PM 953414 in reply to 953396

Re: Halo Waypoint Transition (Please Read)

Cocopjojo:

So the forums will disappear and so will online stat-tracking.

Game is dead. Fuck you.

Brute Chopper Troll Hacked?
  •  11-16-2010, 12:50 PM 953415 in reply to 953396

Boy, Coco. I don't think anyone is going to like this. I do like the idea of an avatar on Waypoint though.

I have a question for you but I might get in trouble if I ask it..

What do I do?  :D

Cheesypoof999:

I'm a do­uche.

•  11-16-2010, 12:50 PM 953417 in reply to 953396

NO STAT TRACKING?? YOU JUST KILLED THIS GAME!!

FUCK YOU!!!

BuM HuNtErS
    Gamertags: BH PHenOMenON ~ sPro PHenOMenON
    Gamertag2: BH FlawL3ss

GB Manager TS: 50

Best Anders in the UK
  •  11-16-2010, 12:51 PM 953418 in reply to 953417

Fail.
    GT: TockSikk
    Starcraft 2
    Recreant
    Instinct:

I will catch a plane to America just to kiss Toxic on the face.

He has a brilliant taste in music.

•  11-16-2010, 12:51 PM 953420 in reply to 953396

No more Halowars.com?

Lazyfrog.us - For all things Halo Wars

December the 15'th, go here! ^^

JumpingJet: Administrator, Co-Founder
  •  11-16-2010, 12:53 PM 953423 in reply to 953420

JumpingJet Is Santa Claus:No more Halowars.com?

Might want to get rid of your sig :( 

Cheesypoof999:

I'm a do­uche.

•  11-16-2010, 12:54 PM 953424 in reply to 953420

I hate to say i told you guys so.

I told you this was going to happen when Cocop announced the LB reset but non of you listened....

•  11-16-2010, 12:55 PM 953426 in reply to 953423

Desperado920:

JumpingJet Is Santa Claus:No more Halowars.com?

Might want to get rid of your sig :( 

I guess i should...

Some *** Christmas present this is.... 

•  11-16-2010, 12:55 PM 953427 in reply to 953423

Please keep it civil.
  •  11-16-2010, 12:56 PM 953428 in reply to 953415

Desperado920:

Boy, Coco. I don't think anyone is going to like this. I do like the idea of an avatar on Waypoint though.

I have a question for you but I might get in trouble if I ask it..

What do I do?  :D

Does it matter?

Its not like your gonna get banned, we're all going soon...

•  11-16-2010, 12:56 PM 953429 in reply to 953424

JumpingJet Is Santa Claus:

I told you this was going to happen when Cocop announced the LB reset but non of you listened....

No, I was right there with you. Klunk told me to trust in the Mods. GG Klunk.

Anyways, no surprise. Halo Waypoint is in full force now and Halo Wars is as good as dead. Without stats this game doesn't have much merit. 

Cheesypoof999:

I'm a do­uche.

•  11-16-2010, 12:56 PM 953430 in reply to 953427

Cocopjojo:Please keep it civil.

I'm sorry Cocop but what do you expect?

•  11-16-2010, 12:57 PM 953432 in reply to 953429

Desperado920:
    JumpingJet Is Santa Claus:

No, I was right there with you. Klunk told me to trust in the Mods. GG Klunk.

Anyways, no surprise. Halo Waypoint is in full force now and Halo Wars is as good as dead. Without stats this game doesn't have much merit. 

You were here in the days of paragon weren't you Nate?

•  11-16-2010, 12:58 PM 953434 in reply to 953427

Cocopjojo:Please keep it civil.

What do you expect? To you Halo:Reach is all you're worried about but to everyone here we play Halo Wars more than we play any other game. I already got Onyx in Reach so there's no point in playing that for a month. Halo Wars is the only real RTS on a console and now there's no competition in it after this TU.

Cheesypoof999:

I'm a do­uche.

Page 1 of 18 (264 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML