Mission 7, Scarab, Legendary

Last post 07-02-2009, 9:58 AM by Devilmingy. 12 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-16-2009, 11:48 PM 625753

Mission 7, Scarab, Legendary

Ok first I would like to start off with, if there is another thread posted about this, please send me a link so this one can be terminated no reason to spam.

I have done this mission on normal, and even attempted it on legendary. There seems to be a problem....its freakin hard! Does anyone know of any bad ass strats, or glitches or anything to help me finish this mission on legendary. Youtube videos would be nice, personal experinces, or even real stratagey guides.

Gamertag: Legend X Zero
    Ts: 30
    Favorite Faction: UNSC
    Leader: Forge

I am not the best, but I get the job done for sure. Best in 3V3, 2V2 add me if you wish to play some games.
  •  06-17-2009, 12:08 AM 625775 in reply to 625753

Re: Mission 7, Scarab, Legendary

I just did that mission today. i got help from this site

http://nextgenwalkthroughs.com/guide?seq=7&game=618

hope it helps.

•  06-17-2009, 11:30 AM 626058 in reply to 625775

• champ5
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-08-2009
    • With the Arbiter getting Chicks:Buffy Da Body
    • Posts 1,035

i just did that mission on legendary for that achievement and it was a challenge. All you have to do is get all the power nobes as fast as possible, because if you take too long, then that little temple protecting your base will be destroy and then your base. so after the nobes are done, you can play with that super scarb by going up it's face and if you units are fast, like some tanks, then as some as the "LIGHT OF DEATH" comes near your units, drive your units across the "LIGHT OF DEATH" and if some of units get damage, then heal and then continue this strategy. (make sure u time it perfect though)

The achievement on that map is hard as hell even on norm

A real man will die fighting
    But a BETTER man will live prepared to fight

Words of a violent Monk 666
  •  06-17-2009, 11:53 AM 626070 in reply to 626058

Personnally I find a guass warthog spam to be effective.  Destroy all the nodes, then when attacking the Scarab, use one warthog to lure the tracker beam away from the rest of your warthogs.  It shouldn't be able to damage you or keep up.  Just repeatedly lure the beam further away from the main body of your army, and MAC blast as much as possible.

Although this was on Heroic, and I did use skulls.  I havn't attempted this on Legendary but good luck.

•  06-17-2009, 12:57 PM 626122 in reply to 626070

There's a little sniper tower in front of your base/wall thingy. Put some marines in it, and the scarab will just keep shooting at it, while they take no damage. Then just send in Scorpions/Wolverines/Gauss hogs.

Easy enough.

You Just Lost The Game
  •  06-19-2009, 1:22 PM 627549 in reply to 626122

• champ5
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-08-2009
    • Posts 1,035

Unfair Banana:There's a little sniper tower in front of your base/wall thingy. Put some marines in it, and the scarab will just keep shooting at it, while they take no damage. Then just send in Scorpions/Wolverines/Gauss hogs.

Easy enough.

Are you sure about that, i mean it sounds kinda like a glitch in the game if its true

•  06-19-2009, 1:33 PM 627562 in reply to 627549

champ5:

Unfair Banana:There's a little sniper tower in front of your base/wall thingy. Put some marines in it, and the scarab will just keep shooting at it, while they take no damage. Then just send in Scorpions/Wolverines/Gauss hogs.

Easy enough.

Are you sure about that, i mean it sounds kinda like a glitch in the game if its true

Tis true. Thats how I beat it. just kill forge next to it, move a squad in, and it will attack anytime forge is up. not so good for the achievement, though.
    Tank > Banshee
  •  06-20-2009, 7:46 AM 628161 in reply to 625753

Here is the BEST and only glitch u should use.

Get a barracks and upgrade your marines to new blood, then train a squad of marines in the sniper tower right in front of the temple ruins. the marines 4 some reason dont die. NOTE: ONLY AT THE HANDS OF THE SCARAB THEY DONT DIE. And he scarab never stops firing at them, it very rarely stops 4 a few seconds, giving u so much time 2 destroy it.

Gamertag: YoshyWashy

•  06-23-2009, 4:10 PM 631593 in reply to 628161

• champ5
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-08-2009
    • Posts 1,035

i wish you could upgrade the mac on that mission to x4. That kick azz

•  06-23-2009, 5:49 PM 631724 in reply to 625753

1) 4 Turrets...2 with anti infantry and 2 with anti vehicle.

2) Build out supply pads, upgrade them and an Armory.

3) While that's building take your tank and forge to kill the two nodes on the left carefully and then take the top left node without losing the tank or forge.

4) Use the marines to gather supply points at base on to the left.

5) While your doing that upgrade population, the unit build time thingy, and turrets all the way.

6) Destroy the Armory and build another supply pad and upgrade.

7) Also be upgrading wolverines all the way and start pumping them out.

8) Leave the tank at your base with Forge and then take 5-6 wolverines to kill the nodes on the right side while avoiding conflicts.

9) Start attacking scarab by the 12 min mark with 10-12 wolverines making sure to use Y every time possible and mac blast.

10) Pump out another tank or two and then upgrade them and leave them at the base to defend. Regen as needed.

11) Keep moving your wolverines back and forth at the scarab to avoid losing them. Only move 4 at a time to prevent jamming them up.

12) At this point you simply keep regenerating your tanks and turrets while doing the side to side thing on the scarab paying close attention while using Y and mac blast whenever possible.

This will continue until the 17-18 min mark and then you are done. This will maximize your combat bonus and most importantly your time bonus finishing by 17-18 minutes. The key is to not lose any units when clearing the nodes and to start on the scarab ASAP @ around 10-12 min.

I did this with all skulls on and barely missed the mark but then I tried the same thing with NO skulls and beat it on legendary with GOLD easily.

Micro, Micro, Micro / Regen, Regen, Regen / Y, Y, Y / MAC, MAC, MAC

•  06-27-2009, 4:33 PM 635999 in reply to 631724

just get all the nodes quickly with warthogs then get tanks to take it out quickly.
    GT: EverCuteKitty
    1v1-front page (random all)
    2v2-front page (anders)
    3v3-top 50 (random UNSC)

•  07-02-2009, 2:05 AM 641896 in reply to 625753

iv never tried it on legendary but gauss hogs seem to work great due to their mobility. i also think the marine sniper tower glitch dosent work anymore.
    crusaderking:
    Tomanater is like a supply elevator. nuff said.
  •  07-02-2009, 9:58 AM 642082 in reply to 641896

The glitch work regardless of the difficulty level. You just have to make sure that the marines have the New Blood upgrade.
View as RSS news feed in XML