New Infantry Idea, Turrets

Last post 12-12-2010, 6:57 PM by coviekiller. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-04-2009, 9:45 PM 614235

New Infantry Idea, Turrets

There should be mobile Turret units carried by a small group of Grunts or Marines which would be a hard counter to air units.

The basic infantry are supposed to be strong vs. air units but they really aren't, I mean, it takes a little long for a air unit (other than a Vulture) to kill a group of Marines or Grunts, but the infantry don't do enough damage back.  So, I think a good fix to this would be to add a Turret infantry unit, which, just like they are in the Halo fps games, would be strong vs. other infantry, aircraft and scout vehicles, but not heavy vehicles.

I would make these be available after your first reactor or temple and cost 300 supplies and take a little long to build.  It would fit in the barracks/hall on the top part of the circle menu and it's upgrades would be on the bottom.

It would be a pretty slow unit, as you would expect, and I think it would be a good idea if it would work like the Cobra in how wherever you press Y it would go there and set up and stay planted there until you press Y again, only with the Turret it can only attack when locked down/set up.  And it would only make sense in Halo Wars that the Turret would be able to move a full 360 around.  This would make Turrets useful for defending buildings like Forrunner reactors or supply poopers or for fortifying weak spots on you base.  Also, if you like to use elephants these used with them I'd imagine would be a pretty strong combo, add a couple locked down Cobras and you got yourself a pretty potent field base.  The Turret would be a good early defense vs. hog or leader rushes, one or 2 with a few other units should fend off most rushes. 

I'm thinking the Turrets would have 3 upgrades, maybe a speed upgrade called Light Weight Material that decreases how long it takes to pack up, set up and move around.  I think a good upgrade for the Covie's Turret would be a little shield bubble that surrounds the Turret, which would work just like any other shielded unit.  A Human upgrade could be to upgrade the Turret to a Gauss Turret or Missile Pod for more damage and making it somewhat more useful against heavy vehicles.  And another upgrade for both Human and Covies would be to add 2 extra Marines armed with grenade launchers (like the Warthogs) or Grunts armed with fuel rods who, when you press Y to set up, will set up a couple defensive barriers and take cover behind them to give the Turret a little more defense, particularly against vehicles.

whatch'a think?

•  06-04-2009, 9:48 PM 614238 in reply to 614235

Re: New Infantry Idea, Turrets

Not bad idea
    Design a Faction

http://www.halowars.com/forums/thread/795978.aspx
  •  06-04-2009, 9:51 PM 614242 in reply to 614238

Ahh, I remember these forums when nearly ever thread was suggestions, a great time when the community still thought it could help to mold the game,

Sorry reminscing

Signature edited because of idiots
  •  06-04-2009, 9:52 PM 614246 in reply to 614235

Pretty good idea. But you said the upgrades are in the bottom, isn't that where the self destruct button is?
  •  06-04-2009, 9:56 PM 614249 in reply to 614242

Bug Virus The Great, Too bad there is only one:

Ahh, I remember these forums when nearly ever thread was suggestions, a great time when the community still thought it could help to mold the game,

Sorry reminscing

haha, I know what you mean, they should still have a place for suggestions like they used to, that was the only reason I decided to join this site in the first place.

•  06-04-2009, 9:59 PM 614251 in reply to 614249

coviekiller:

Sorry reminscing

haha, I know what you mean, they should still have a place for suggestions like they used to, that was the only reason I decided to join this site in the first place.

Eh, they never listened to us when the game was being made, why would they listen to us now?

I personally never bought the game (07 version was god on earth in my young mind, though in my older mind I still think it was better) I really think that 90% of the people who did buy was because of the Word in the title

•  06-04-2009, 10:04 PM 614253 in reply to 614246

Peppersword:Pretty good idea. But you said the upgrades are in the bottom, isn't that where the self destruct button is?

Your right, that kind of messes it all up... maybe they can fit the upgrades in the Field Armory, or just have no upgrades at all. I think this unit would work well enough to still be usefull in the late game without upgrades anyway, besides these are actually support units, to round out a army here, help defend a location there, add a little variety to the game in general -_- .  Just set one or two up behind your front line (cause I forgot to mention they have a long range) and let em go, they'll still tear up Hawks pretty good.

•  06-04-2009, 10:07 PM 614257 in reply to 614253

you know, I used to propose this back before the game came out, and I still think it's a great idea

•  06-04-2009, 10:18 PM 614263 in reply to 614251

coviekiller:

I personally never bought the game (07 version was god on earth in my young mind, though in my older mind I still think it was better) I really think that 90% of the people who did buy was because of the Word in the title

Why not buy the game for gods sake, it's still a really fun game, I mean, it isn't revolutionary like the 07 demo seemed like but it's still worth the money, personally though, I think the best part about Halo Wars is simply the fact that it's a RTS, up till now I pretty much played nothing but FPSs, it's so refreshing to play a good console RTS. (I never bothered with C&C cause I already had it on PC and it supposedly sucked on console anyway.)

•  06-04-2009, 10:30 PM 614268 in reply to 614263

coviekiller:
    coviekiller:

Why not buy the game for gods sake, it's still a really fun game, I mean, it isn't revolutionary like the 07 demo seemed like but it's still worth the money, personally though, I think the best part about Halo Wars is simply the fact that it's a RTS, up till now I pretty much played nothing but FPSs, it's so refreshing to play a good console RTS. (I never bothered with C&C cause I already had it on PC and it supposedly sucked on console anyway.)

Halo Wars was good in the begining, but it lost it's spark to me
    Design a Faction

http://www.halowars.com/forums/thread/795978.aspx
  •  06-04-2009, 10:53 PM 614287 in reply to 614268

Shadow Titan:
    coviekiller:
    coviekiller:

Halo Wars was good in the beginning, but it lost it's spark to me

I try to keep the flame going by challenging my self where others wouldn't.  Right now I'm trying to be able win against anyone by playing as a random leader, that way I got to think of a separate, unbeatable strategy that reflects the perks of whatever leader I end up with.  Of course nothings unbeatable though, so it's about thinking on your feet cause many times if I stick with the pre-made strategy for that particular leader I end up losing cause I didn't adapt to the enemy or map.

But yeah, with the small variety of units the game dose tend to get a slight bit repetitive.  Although I admit I haven't tried the new game types online yet, I think they need to add something worth a litte more to to the game and I don't mean new maps, I mean like a new slew of leaders or an entirely new faction.... or a Turret unit!

•  06-05-2009, 12:38 AM 614344 in reply to 614263

coviekiller:
    coviekiller:

Command and conquer wasn't that bad they allowed you to assign groups in that game making it easy to select the units you wanted by just going to that group. Halo wars would be more strategic if it has that option.

Also bug virus the great, the word is wars right? XD

•  06-05-2009, 6:04 AM 614454 in reply to 614344

Firefoyx:
    coviekiller:
    coviekiller:

Command and conquer wasn't that bad they allowed you to assign groups in that game making it easy to select the units you wanted by just going to that group. Halo wars would be more strategic if it has that option.

Also bug virus the great, the word is wars right? XD

Yes, let's just say "wars" is the word

But really I don't want to spend sixty bucks on a real time strategy game that I know isn't that good, I'll just get one for the PC if I'm going to buy one, I mean PC real time strategies are just infinitely better in my eyes, and please no one come up to me and say halo wars was never  going to be for the PC, I know that, but I also know that any real time strategy made for the PC today is so much better than conole ones

Hmm, total war or Halo wars

•  06-06-2009, 9:12 AM 615133 in reply to 614454

I like the idea of the rueet on the with the grunts, I would make 50 and set the in a straight line across the energy walls of fort deen, most epic defense EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GT: EverCuteKitty
    1v1-front page (random all)
    2v2-front page (anders)
    3v3-top 50 (random UNSC)

•  06-06-2009, 9:53 AM 615167 in reply to 615133

I did not understand a word of that last post

Page 1 of 2 (19 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML