Halo Wars Title Update #2 Patch Notes Discussion

Last post 12-11-2010, 10:08 PM by MiTcH RuNz 330. 345 replies.
Page 1 of 24 (346 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-11-2009, 1:59 PM 584118

Halo Wars Title Update #2 Patch Notes Discussion

Halo Wars Title Update 5/12/09

General
    • Flaming Warthog and Honor Guard Wraith skins now available in multiplayer to players who have those skulls.
    • The option to show Unit Hit Point bars above units is now available.
    Balance
    • The number of points to reach all ranks has been reduced. General now requires 2.4 million, down from 3.2 million, and other ranks have been reduced accordingly.
    • The max number of points you can get in a single match has been capped.
    • The Prophet of Regret’s land speed is now reduced to match other leaders.
    • Vampire Tech Upgrades now increase damage done by 15% in addition to their other effects.
    • Anders Cryo Bomb Upgrades now cost 50% more supplies.
    • Anders Hawk Upgrade now costs 50% more supplies.
    Bug Fixes
    • Multiplayer Matchmaking and Connection improvements have been put in. Players should find that their 2v2 and 3v3 teams no longer split up.
    • 'Ready for the Sequel' Achievement should now be rewarded properly.
    • Units on Exile and Crevice should find it easier to traverse the map.

The patch should be available for download on your Xbox 360 in the next day or so (most likely starting very early tomorrow morning). Sorry I can't give a more specific time, as it depends on the Xbox Live Marketplace.
  •  05-11-2009, 2:10 PM 584126 in reply to 584118

Re: Halo Wars Title Update #2 Patch Notes Discussion

I was curious as to what the cap on the max number of points in a single match has been set to. Does it take into account 1v1 games vs. 3v3 (where there is more potential to earn points)? Any clarification would be great thanks.
  •  05-11-2009, 2:11 PM 584127 in reply to 584118

I kind of was expecting more fixes. The ones included are good though.
  •  05-11-2009, 2:11 PM 584129 in reply to 584118

Thank God i have boycotted playing Halo Wars until the Patch came.  Tommorrow all shall fear the return of Pokerking!!!!
    Its Independence Day all over again... don't look into the orange light : )
  •  05-11-2009, 2:15 PM 584134 in reply to 584118

I expected a few more balancing features in this patch.

Anders has barely been touched while Cutter and the Brute Chieftan haven't gotten anything.

oh well I don't expect this to be the last of the balancing patches so we will just have to see how much this helps.

•  05-11-2009, 2:18 PM 584138 in reply to 584134

I FJ I:

Check the homepage, and read about the patch. Good news is its tommorow, bad news is, it sucks.

They havnt posted any new information because there isnt any!

All the patch notes say is what already been realeased. I hope they are holding alot of information back! If they are only changing this then we already need a new patch the day after tommorow!

I dare robot to go against a good anders guass spammer and tell me its not OP.

Etheir give us a formal written statement about how anders hog spamm isnt op, followed by a guide of how to beat it, or give us a real patch!

Please tell me there is more being patchd. Dont hold information back, considering it comes out tommrow!

Thoughts?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't YOU the one who always said that Anders and her Gauss Hogs were NOT OP?

In any case, I'm sure this is all that's new, and there will be no new multiplayer maps or any other balancing tweaks.

Not that I enjoy being a pessimist or whatnot, but if this is the extent of the patch, and if we only get a patch like this every 2-3 months, this game will be utterly dead before the 3rd patch.

•  05-11-2009, 2:20 PM 584139 in reply to 584118

I really didn't think the Vampire buff was necessary.  They rock in groups.  And the auto stasis targeting is priceless.
    Liberalism is a mental disorder.
  •  05-11-2009, 2:20 PM 584140 in reply to 584138

I guess warthogs will still be spammed as much as ever :(

•  05-11-2009, 2:24 PM 584142 in reply to 584118

Thank you Robot!!!
    "We go out and they come in, clever bastards!!!
  •  05-11-2009, 2:24 PM 584143 in reply to 584140

So nothing is being done about people who quit or destroy teir own bases to prevent the opponent from getting the point???!!!!
  •  05-11-2009, 2:26 PM 584144 in reply to 584143

I think we can safely say 1v1 is totally dead. At least before we saw Prophet and Anders rushing, now using Prophet will be laughable.

GT: Hostileeeee
    18-1 2v2 unarranged

1 loss from having a Recruit on my team vs. a Commander and Brigadier. He played Arby and didn't know how to use Rage or upgrade...
    I love randoms.
  •  05-11-2009, 2:30 PM 584148 in reply to 584140

spartan54:

I guess warthogs will still be spammed as much as ever :(

oh yea, this patch is fail since they didnt fix the hogs. they did a nice job on everything and hit important issues and some minor ones, but failed to see one of the biggest problems. They could have easily solved the hog spam problem by making them 2 pop. its only reasonable, here why..

#1  if you scout and see the enemy has an air pad, you build anti air and a few other units of choice. But then when the enemy opens his base and 40 gauss hogs roll out your totally screwed. Hogs beat air, hogs beat infantry. Well micro'd hogs beat hunters as the assualt beam is too slow to track moving targets and cobras fire to slowly to do suffcient damage to the swarm. Arby and BC are great anti hog leaders, but a simple D Bomb puts an end to that perk real quick.

#2 hogs are a 3 person vehicle, why does it count 1 pop?? the chopper is a 1 person vehicle and it cost 2 pop??? oh and the chopper sucks balls compare to the hog. 10 fully upgraded choppers will lose to 10 grenadier hogs and the hogs arent even tier 3 like the choppers.

#3 hogs are too fast for their counter to keep up, air is the only unit capable fo keeping pace, BUT WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! gauss beats air!! wonderfull!

This patch? Fail

This DLC? Super Fail

without new maps or units or leaders, this game is gonna die very quickly. i love this game, i really do, i put up with al the unbalanced things and glitches in hopes that the patch and DLC would brighten things up. Sadly i was wrong.

Brute Chieftain FTW
  •  05-11-2009, 2:30 PM 584150 in reply to 584144

Hostile NKFi:I think we can safely say 1v1 is totally dead. At least before we saw Prophet and Anders rushing, now using Prophet will be laughable.

I'll still be playing 1v1.  I enjoy fending off the rush.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
  •  05-11-2009, 2:31 PM 584152 in reply to 584138

Noctis:
    I FJ I:

Check the homepage, and read about the patch. Good news is its tommorow, bad news is, it sucks.

They havnt posted any new information because there isnt any!

All the patch notes say is what already been realeased. I hope they are holding alot of information back! If they are only changing this then we already need a new patch the day after tommorow!

I dare robot to go against a good anders guass spammer and tell me its not OP.

Etheir give us a formal written statement about how anders hog spamm isnt op, followed by a guide of how to beat it, or give us a real patch!

Please tell me there is more being patchd. Dont hold information back, considering it comes out tommrow!

Thoughts?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't YOU the one who always said that Anders and her Gauss Hogs were NOT OP?

In any case, I'm sure this is all that's new, and there will be no new multiplayer maps or any other balancing tweaks.

Not that I enjoy being a pessimist or whatnot, but if this is the extent of the patch, and if we only get a patch like this every 2-3 months, this game will be utterly dead before the 3rd patch.

No, i said hog rushing wasnt OP, nor was her eco advantage, or atleast not that OP. I do belive the guass spam is OP!!!!

1v1 - 48
    2v2 - 50
    3v3 - 47

Best player evar!!!1!
  •  05-11-2009, 2:34 PM 584159 in reply to 584118

No warthog power reduction?

No d-bomb improvement? (leaders can just move the use Y)f

No Chopper pop fix?

No quitting penalty in first 2 mins still?

ODST FiReFiGht - Arby
    ODST Tro0pEr - Cutter
    ODST Sh0cKz - Anders

Shove the gravity hammer up the Prophet's ***, then vortex it.
Page 1 of 24 (346 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML