I fully agree with you. The covenant is not OP with the exception of POR. I play the covenant all the time because I enjoy the challenge of beating the more difficult UNSC armies in battle. If there are any changes to be made these are what I think should be done:
1. Grunts need a buff (It would be nice to actually use them in a match)
Personally, I'd say both them and marines need a cost reduction, with grunts being cheaper than marines. They're simply not cost effective.
2. Wraiths need better accuracy ( So they can actually hit a target when they are right beside it)
True, my opponent's Wraiths couldn't hit my Spartanks when I drove them right in their faces and kept them still.
3. The Arbiter glitches need to be fixed
True again, it's insulting to lose my 3 star Arbiter because he couldn't survive the 15 feet fall on top of the opponent's base.
4. Hunters with assault beams need to be able to track their targets slightly faster
Would also help if they didn't get countered by Y abilities from the very units they're supposed to hard counter(ram, Canister)
5. POR needs to lose his shields and maybe get a little more defense ( so he loses his status as a deity)
Meh, I'm a bit mixed on this one. Sure, it's annoying when he recalls constantly and you end up not being able to kill him(this gets especially annoying on a 3 star Prophet. But he has a lot more disadvantages than most people would think. First off, any leader with the same upgrade/veterancy level can take more damage total(from full shield to zero health). Second, I'm pretty sure he doesn't gain veterancy when his Sentinel drones finish off a target. Lastly, he's more easily countered with hard counters and Gauss Hogs. A single Vampire can keep the PoR from doing much the entire match, Wolverines will destroy him before he can do much damage, and I've often chased him down with Gauss Hogs.
The only thing he really needs is to have his beam toned down. It's just ridiculous for a single Prophet to destroy my base faster than an army of Grizzlies.
6. Suicide grunt glitch needs fixed
Yep, I never use the stupid things because of the retarded pathfinding.
7. Engineers should be relocated to the main base as opposed to the summit so that the covies can heal their units without having to build a summit just for them
That might be overdoing it and making mono leaders ridiculous. Plus, there isn't enough space left on the base circle menu.
1. Spartans should not be able to take over grizzlies and hawks ( They are already strong enough as is the fact that they make them almost invincible is a bit ridiculous)
Ridiculous. A Spartan in a Hawk isn't so bad. Grizzly is a different story, but isn't much different from a regular Spartank. I'd just make it so that a Grizzly spam doesn't completely own a Hunter/Cobra spam.
2. The disruption bomb should not be able to be used offensively only defensively ( people who say they can beat a covie leader without using a d-bomb need more practice. Although the leaders are stronger early game and I undersatnd the need to have it, I hate that the UNSC can simply drop a d-bomb at the my base and screw my defenses over but i'm all for them using it to stop a rush and protect their base.)
This can't be implemented and sounds ridiculously stupid, one-sided, and self-centered. The 5 minute timer on the thing is more than enough of a downside already.
3. Cryo glitch needs fixed
4. Wolverines damage against buildings and other vehicles needs to be seriously nerfed (They are anti-air not anti-everything)
True enough. I doubt 3 RPGs can match the building damage of one Volley.
5. Cobras need a buff while they aren't locked down
They mostly need a health buff so they don't get analraped by Canister Shells and Carpet Bombs.
6. Gauss damage against buildings needs to be nerfed
Maybe. They can wreck a base faster than 40 ODSTs, but the main problem is that 5 out of 6 of their counters suck against them(Wraith, Hunter, Cobra, Marines, Grunts). I'd say it's not that Gauss is OP, it's that all but 1 counter actually works against them.