Spartans are extremely underpowered -- a thread written by an intellectual heavyweight.

Last post 12-11-2010, 11:15 AM by Jellybean478. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-11-2010, 3:22 AM 964525

Spartans are extremely underpowered -- a thread written by an intellectual heavyweight.

Since the dawn of Halo, Spartans have always been admired, honoured and looked up upon as elite soliders of war. Let's peer back into the glorious days of Master Chief (the protagonist of the Halo series). In Halo 3, the odds were stacked against Master Chief when two scarabs came roaring in out of no-where, Master Chief dextrously maneuvered his Banshee to hi-jack and destroy both of the Scarabs. In Halo 2 and Halo: CE Master Chief displayed superhuman strength and extraordinary close-combat skills when facing the Covenant Hunters.

Since the release of Halo Wars, Spartans have not lived up to their expectations; they are powerless inept bungling clowns that lack armour and firepower. In previous Halo games, Master Chief could shoot and kill entire armies of Elites, Wraiths, Ghosts -- and he once even took out TWO Scarabs just by himself. Yet in Halo Wars, they are useless.

I propose an update that will make Spartans reasonably balanced, these are my suggestions.

1. Increase Spartan shields byu 70%, give them Jetpacks, Armour Lock and Sprint abilities (no upgrading required).

2. If a Spartan has hi-jacked a Banshee and has been on it for 10 minutes, give it the ability to Hi-jack Scarabs.

3. Make the Spartan population limit /15 and cost only 50 to build.

•  12-11-2010, 11:15 AM 964577 in reply to 964525

Re: Spartans are extremely underpowered -- a thread written by an intellectual heavyweight.

NO
    At the end of the game the king and the pawn rest in the same box.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Quiet Kill:
    I suck at Halo Wars and Jellybean's way better than me.

View as RSS news feed in XML