Discussion On Education (Previous Title: What Is Evolution?)

Last post 12-10-2010, 11:58 PM by Kangaroo Love. 52 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (53 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-10-2010, 6:24 PM 964316 in reply to 964293

Re: What Is Evolution?

14... That would be what... 8th grade US? I did both Algebra 2 and geometry in the 8th grade. I almost go the go ahead to start high school in pre-calc, but I forgot the quadratic equation or something one day and my teacher didn't feel comfortable with it or something. Just took Algebra 2 in ninth grade, didn't pay attention and got an easy A. Two years of Calculus in high school and I haven't taken math in 4 years unless one counts formal logic. Kind of miss it, but it got a little confusing when I had to combine visualization with equations to get volume in calc. I can do equations all day; once things start rotating they get a bit confusing.

What is happiness but the feeling of power increasing, and obstacles being overcome? -Nietzsche
  •  12-10-2010, 6:36 PM 964324 in reply to 964184

Re: Discussion On Education (Previous Title: What Is Evolution?)

This is why you study Software a Video Games development at college instead.

Lazyfrog.us - For all things Halo Wars

December the 15'th, go here! ^^

JumpingJet: Administrator, Co-Founder
  •  12-10-2010, 7:13 PM 964364 in reply to 964324

JJ (JumpingJet):This is why you study Software a Video Games development at college instead.

I'm pretty sure that graphics engines involve all sorts of horrible calculus.

What is happiness but the feeling of power increasing, and obstacles being overcome? -Nietzsche
  •  12-10-2010, 7:15 PM 964368 in reply to 964364

ReiverCorrupter:

JJ (JumpingJet):This is why you study Software and Video Games development at college instead.

Oh yes, it is hard but its so much more fun than evolution.

Lazyfrog.us - For all things Halo Wars

December the 15'th, go here! ^^

JumpingJet: Administrator, Co-Founder
  •  12-10-2010, 7:21 PM 964376 in reply to 964368

JJ (JumpingJet):
    ReiverCorrupter:

JJ (JumpingJet):This is why you study Software and Video Games development at college instead.

Oh yes, it is hard but its so much more fun than evolution.

Lol. That just made me think of all of the evolutionary robotics and programming things. (Where they develop robotics through massive amounts of programs running at the same time simulating natural selection.)

•  12-10-2010, 7:54 PM 964394 in reply to 964233

crusaderking:I was a teacher's assistant for the last year of high school, and I was forced to teach the "slow" chemistry class full of sophomores when my teacher was busy "preparing" experiments and what-not. The experience was dreadful. Who wants to baby feed a class full of idiots who obviously didn't want to learn in the first place.
    In 8th grade my class was doing a unit on astronomy and I ended up having to teach the Class for 3 weeks because the teacher didnt know what half the things she was talking about were. The fact we were using a 2001 book made it even worse because 90% of the things in the book were wrong. Ended up pissing off the whole class because I made them write pages of notes. That was a fun 3 weeks xD
    I'm Terri-Trash at best :(
  •  12-10-2010, 7:55 PM 964396 in reply to 964243

studmuffin:Tohie im working on quadratics now, it's really difficult for me. =/ I love math but I dont like graphs, soon to be quadratics, and geometry
    freshman year I was in honors Geometry, and ended up doing the entire years work in 2 days. =/
    I'm Terri-Trash at best :(
  •  12-10-2010, 11:58 PM 964468 in reply to 964396

So in America you focus on tiny aspects of maths at a time?

When you say you did calculus for 2 years.. does that mean you didn't do any other maths topics for those 2 years?

Sounds like a great way to get people to forget things.

justjtealouse:

From what I understand from this forum is that "kangaroo love" is the boss around here and theres some poser named "sPro Mitch?" who keeps saying he's the best but he's not.
Page 4 of 4 (53 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4
View as RSS news feed in XML