Discussion On Education (Previous Title: What Is Evolution?)

Last post 12-10-2010, 11:58 PM by Kangaroo Love. 52 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (53 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-10-2010, 4:49 PM 964250 in reply to 964248

Re: What Is Evolution?

studmuffin:
    Tohie:

studmuffin:Tohie im working on quadratics now, it's really difficult for me. =/ I love math but I dont like graphs, soon to be quadratics, and geometry

Quadratic graphs? I've only done the very basics like drawing them, drawing them is pretty simple. Finding the gradient/equation probably isn't though.

I have no idea the teacher just says we working on quadratics, writes a equation to solve them and gives us pages whatever to whatever and if we finish on time were golden with no homework. Were also working on synthetic division. Which it may not sound like my math teacher is good from what I just typed but he is acually really helpdul, nice, and the best math teacher I've had so far

Besides solving them there's factorising as well as well as a lot of other things. Factorising quadractics is easy as long as you can find factors. Solving equations probably is hard we've just focused on the graphs. I'm only doing the fundamentals because there's a switch of GCSE papers so we're doing foundation (you can only get a C) bank that then do the new higher paper to get A and A*'s

Mae'n gas gyda fi plant dwrg yn enwedig pan fyddant yn ar fy nhim -_-
  •  12-10-2010, 4:50 PM 964252 in reply to 964250

Tohie:
    studmuffin:
    Tohie:

studmuffin:Tohie im working on quadratics now, it's really difficult for me. =/ I love math but I dont like graphs, soon to be quadratics, and geometry

Quadratic graphs? I've only done the very basics like drawing them, drawing them is pretty simple. Finding the gradient/equation probably isn't though.

I have no idea the teacher just says we working on quadratics, writes a equation to solve them and gives us pages whatever to whatever and if we finish on time were golden with no homework. Were also working on synthetic division. Which it may not sound like my math teacher is good from what I just typed but he is acually really helpdul, nice, and the best math teacher I've had so far

Besides solving them there's factorising as well as well as a lot of other things. Factorising quadractics is easy as long as you can find factors. Solving equations probably is hard we've just focused on the graphs. I'm only doing the fundamentals because there's a switch of GCSE papers so we're doing foundation (you can only get a C) bank that then do the new higher paper to get A and A*'s

factoring I still dont quite have the hang of, I still have to many mistakes in that area for my liking =/

GT: EverCuteKitty
    1v1-front page (random all)
    2v2-front page (anders)
    3v3-top 50 (random UNSC)

•  12-10-2010, 4:52 PM 964253 in reply to 964248

studmuffin:
    Tohie:

EDIT: I surprisly like learning my spanish class, I was really annoyed at being forced to take a second language class but it's acually really fun =D (It's not to difficult with so many cognates.)

It has been hypothesized that people that learn math well also learn second languages well.

Spanish is one of the most intelligent friendly languages though, considering you can sound out any word and thats how it is spelled.

Forge FTW.
    3 accounts in the top 50 1v1 standard.
    Good 1v1 standard non-asian Forge player
    45 TS For 1v1

URL of the week:
    http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/

•  12-10-2010, 4:53 PM 964254 in reply to 964252

studmuffin:
    Tohie:
    studmuffin:
    Tohie:

factoring I still dont quite have the hang of, I still have to many mistakes in that area for my liking =/

I'm pretty good at factorising at the standard at which I have to do it. (which is probably a lot lower than your level) Only mistakes I would make when I first had to factorising were sign errors but I'm pretty accurate at it now.

Edit: Stud what sort of equations do you have?

•  12-10-2010, 5:06 PM 964258 in reply to 964254

The only thing that annoys me about spanish Cking is accents, like the thingy's over the letters. I dont even pay attention to those so instead like 92-100 on my spanish stuff it's like 85-92 because I lose points for not adding them in. =/

EDIT: one sec tohie I'll go get my book

EDIT2: f(x)=x3-5x2+16x-7

Use synthetic divsion to find f(-3) f(4) for the function.

The #'s after the X means to that power like the first "x" is cubed. Were learning this and some other stuff with zeros and roots and quadratics

2v2-front page (anders)
    3v3-top 50 (random UNSC)

•  12-10-2010, 5:08 PM 964260 in reply to 964258

studmuffin:

The only thing that annoys me about spanish Cking is accents, like the thingy's over the letters. I dont even pay attention to those so instead like 92-100 on my spanish stuff it's like 85-92 because I lose points for not adding them in. =/

I don't know if Spanish has mutation if it doesn't you ain't seen nothing about annoying =/

•  12-10-2010, 5:16 PM 964264 in reply to 964260

All my revision is done electronically:

http://www.mymaths.co.uk/indexLog.asp

You log on, then there is upwards of 100 topics to revise at different levels, there is also GCSE standard, A level standard. There are tests and interactive revision lessons.

•  12-10-2010, 5:20 PM 964269 in reply to 964258

studmuffin:

EDIT2: f(x)=x3-5x2+16x-7

Use synthetic divsion to find f(-3) f(4) for the function.

The #'s after the X means to that power like the first "x" is cubed. Were learning this and some other stuff with zeros and roots and quadratics

I've never done anything remotely as complicated as that because you're 3 or 4 years older than me lol. The hardest questions we get are like F(x)=x3-3x+12 lol currently we're doing finding the gradient and the y intercept from a co-ordinate.

•  12-10-2010, 5:23 PM 964271 in reply to 964269

I dont think your to far off from what were learning acually. =/
    2v2-front page (anders)
    3v3-top 50 (random UNSC)

•  12-10-2010, 5:24 PM 964273 in reply to 964271

studmuffin:I dont think your to far off from what were learning acually. =/

I find education between different continents and schools really interesting I would like to do something more complicated the stuff I'm doing is soo boring to me the questions aren't challenging at all.

•  12-10-2010, 5:28 PM 964279 in reply to 964252

studmuffin:
    Tohie:
    studmuffin:
    Tohie:

My Algebra II skills are OP

98 on that class

At the end of the game the king and the pawn rest in the same box.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Quiet Kill:
    I suck at Halo Wars and Jellybean's way better than me.

•  12-10-2010, 5:31 PM 964287 in reply to 964279

On the topic of 1v1, I beat my first ever good 1's player with forge (second, but the first was a retarded game) :D

•  12-10-2010, 5:33 PM 964289 in reply to 964287

Tohie:On the topic of 1v1, I beat my first ever good 1's player with forge (second, but the first was a retarded game) :D

Who was it?

At the end of the game the king and the pawn rest in the same box.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Quiet Kill:
    I suck at Halo Wars and Jellybean's way better than me.

•  12-10-2010, 5:34 PM 964292 in reply to 964289

Jellybean478:

Tohie:On the topic of 1v1, I beat my first ever good 1's player with forge (second, but the first was a retarded game) :D

Who was it?

Toxic =) and the first was bam bam, but he was trying something new and it was a really stupid idea he got off proom.

•  12-10-2010, 5:35 PM 964293 in reply to 964292

Stud have you seen 2's leaderboard lately? I'm number 16 =D

Page 3 of 4 (53 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML