The Covenant is OP thread

Last post 12-11-2010, 8:51 PM by Operation. 2092 replies.
Page 138 of 140 (2,093 items)   « First ... < Previous 136 137 138 139 140 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-13-2009, 2:07 AM 725006 in reply to 724948

Re: The Covenant is OP thread

vendettalol:dont you guys wish that we could have like a Flashback Weekend? where the devolpers make the game pre all patches with fast prophet and op gauss? You don't even have to affect true-skill i just want to play the old HW again. 

I would love that.

lol boosters would have field day with the lack of point cap

Scarab: "Oh little unimposing marine in my way, would you please step aside, you are so much shorter than the mountain I just climbed over, yet I just can't seem to get by you. It isn't like I would be able to step on you or walk over you."

Carbine>BR
  •  09-13-2009, 2:22 AM 725010 in reply to 725006

ExpiredRascals:

vendettalol:dont you guys wish that we could have like a Flashback Weekend? where the devolpers make the game pre all patches with fast prophet and op gauss? You don't even have to affect true-skill i just want to play the old HW again. 

I would love that.

lol boosters would have field day with the lack of point cap

Gawd, I'd be so pissed. I've played so many boosting matches only being able to play to 4k to get to Colonel, and then they make it so I can get all 2.4M points in one game!

/Lulz.

•  09-20-2009, 1:56 AM 731659 in reply to 725010

THE COVENANT IS OP
    ---PositivE izHere---

Top 20 1v1 Skill
    #2 1v1 Wins Lifetime
    #1 1v1 Wins Monthly

Play 500 games and see if you're still on the front page.
  •  09-20-2009, 2:03 AM 731668 in reply to 731659

popgoestheglock:THE COVENANT IS OP
    just like the flood
    I get banned for no reason
  •  09-20-2009, 2:05 AM 731670 in reply to 731668

Im Allhere:
    popgoestheglock:THE COVENANT IS OP
    just like the flood

Im Allhere is OP

---PositivE izHere---

Top 20 1v1 Skill
    #2 1v1 Wins Lifetime
    #1 1v1 Wins Monthly

Play 500 games and see if you're still on the front page.
  •  11-04-2009, 10:59 PM 766118 in reply to 731670

does the BC have some kind of glitch becuase some how when im running away from him my units will drag and drop them selfs infront of him so they can get stuned and die speaking of which they need to fix the glitches where ground units jump around through the air

If you comment on my spelling i will not respond i know it's terrible and if proving to the world that your so smart is that importent to you then go right on ahead make even more of a fool of your self by commenting on it with out reading the signature
  •  11-04-2009, 11:01 PM 766120 in reply to 766118

silverShade 00:

does the BC have some kind of glitch becuase some how when im running away from him my units will drag and drop them selfs infront of him so they can get stuned and die speaking of which they need to fix the glitches where ground units jump around through the air

lmao!!!
    I get banned for no reason
  •  11-04-2009, 11:04 PM 766121 in reply to 766120

The Fuhrer:
    silverShade 00:

lmao!!!

Yay! this guy just may have made a quote-worthy post along with me ROFLing!

Forge FTW.
    3 accounts in the top 50 1v1 standard.
    Good 1v1 standard non-asian Forge player
    45 TS For 1v1

URL of the week:
    http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/

•  11-04-2009, 11:34 PM 766132 in reply to 514741

Well, I find that the game is pretty much balanced. UNSC does take a lot more skill to use though, but they are stronger late game.

And one trick my friend showed me against Brute Chieftain is to just move your units out of the way when that big ball thing goes towards them. This takes fast thumbs and a ton of reflexes.

Arbiter: Use Scorpions to absorb damage, and something long range that can take care of Infantry.

Prophet: This guy sucks. Just move your units out of the slow ass Cleansing Beam.

UHL Livestream
    http://www.livestream.com/uhleague

Official YouTube Channel - High Level 1v1/2v2's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/uhleague
  •  11-05-2009, 12:41 AM 766197 in reply to 514664

POR IS OP DONT KNOW HOW ANYBODY CAN USE HIM AND COWARD WHEN THERE SHIELD IS DOWN I BATTLE TILL SHIELD IS DOWN AND SEND UNITS TO DESTROY WHEN HE GETS BACK TRY IT ALWAYS WORKS RAMMED A THREE STAR ARBITER WITH HOG
  •  11-05-2009, 1:17 AM 766213 in reply to 514735

I fully agree with you. The covenant is not OP with the exception of POR. I play the covenant all the time because I enjoy the challenge of beating the more difficult UNSC armies in battle. If there are any changes to be made these are what I think should be done:

Covenant

1. Grunts need a buff (It would be nice to actually use them in a match)

2. Wraiths need better accuracy ( So they can actually hit a target when they are right beside it)

3. The Arbiter glitches need to be fixed 

4. Hunters with assault beams need to be able to track their targets slightly faster

5. POR needs to lose his shields and maybe get a little more defense ( so he loses his status as a deity)

6. Suicide grunt glitch needs fixed

7. Engineers should be relocated to the main base as opposed to the summit so that the covies can heal their units without having to build a summit just for them

UNSC

1. Spartans should not be able to take over grizzlies and hawks ( They are already strong enough as is the fact that they make them almost invincible is a bit ridiculous)

2.  The disruption bomb should not be able to be used offensively only defensively ( people who say they can beat a covie leader without using a d-bomb need more practice. Although the leaders are stronger early game and I undersatnd the need to have it, I hate that the UNSC can simply drop a d-bomb at the my base and screw my defenses over but i'm all for them using it to stop a rush and protect their base.)

3. Cryo glitch needs fixed

4. Wolverines damage against buildings and other vehicles needs to be seriously nerfed (They are anti-air not anti-everything)

5. Cobras need a buff while they aren't locked down 

6. Gauss damage against buildings needs to be nerfed

Other then these the game is fine and doesn't really need to be changed but please do not think for a second that the covenant is OP cuz they very easily get steam rolled by the UNSC if they are not very careful.

Ah the mind. Such a frail thing. I will enjoy shattering yours like glass!
  •  11-05-2009, 2:12 AM 766237 in reply to 766213

DefiniteEnahs:

I fully agree with you. The covenant is not OP with the exception of POR. I play the covenant all the time because I enjoy the challenge of beating the more difficult UNSC armies in battle. If there are any changes to be made these are what I think should be done:

Covenant

1. Grunts need a buff (It would be nice to actually use them in a match)

Personally, I'd say both them and marines need a cost reduction, with grunts being cheaper than marines.  They're simply not cost effective. 

2. Wraiths need better accuracy ( So they can actually hit a target when they are right beside it)

True, my opponent's Wraiths couldn't hit my Spartanks when I drove them right in their faces and kept them still. 

3. The Arbiter glitches need to be fixed

True again, it's insulting to lose my 3 star Arbiter because he couldn't survive the 15 feet fall on top of the opponent's base. 

4. Hunters with assault beams need to be able to track their targets slightly faster

Would also help if they didn't get countered by Y abilities from the very units they're supposed to hard counter(ram, Canister) 

5. POR needs to lose his shields and maybe get a little more defense ( so he loses his status as a deity)

Meh, I'm a bit mixed on this one.  Sure, it's annoying when he recalls constantly and you end up not being able to kill him(this gets especially annoying on a 3 star Prophet.  But he has a lot more disadvantages than most people would think.  First off, any leader with the same upgrade/veterancy level can take more damage total(from full shield to zero health).  Second, I'm pretty sure he doesn't gain veterancy when his Sentinel drones finish off a target.  Lastly, he's more easily countered with hard counters and Gauss Hogs.  A single Vampire can keep the PoR from doing much the entire match,  Wolverines will destroy him before he can do much damage, and I've often chased him down with Gauss Hogs.

The only thing he really needs is to have his beam toned down.  It's just ridiculous for a single Prophet to destroy my base faster than an army of Grizzlies. 

6. Suicide grunt glitch needs fixed

Yep, I never use the stupid things because of the retarded pathfinding. 

7. Engineers should be relocated to the main base as opposed to the summit so that the covies can heal their units without having to build a summit just for them

That might be overdoing it and making mono leaders ridiculous.  Plus, there isn't enough space left on the base circle menu. 

UNSC

1. Spartans should not be able to take over grizzlies and hawks ( They are already strong enough as is the fact that they make them almost invincible is a bit ridiculous)

Ridiculous.  A Spartan in a Hawk isn't so bad.  Grizzly is a different story, but isn't much different from a regular Spartank.  I'd just make it so that a Grizzly spam doesn't completely own a Hunter/Cobra spam. 

2.  The disruption bomb should not be able to be used offensively only defensively ( people who say they can beat a covie leader without using a d-bomb need more practice. Although the leaders are stronger early game and I undersatnd the need to have it, I hate that the UNSC can simply drop a d-bomb at the my base and screw my defenses over but i'm all for them using it to stop a rush and protect their base.)

This can't be implemented and sounds ridiculously stupid, one-sided, and self-centered.  The 5 minute timer on the thing is more than enough of a downside already. 

3. Cryo glitch needs fixed

Obviously. 

4. Wolverines damage against buildings and other vehicles needs to be seriously nerfed (They are anti-air not anti-everything)

True enough.  I doubt 3 RPGs can match the building damage of one Volley. 

5. Cobras need a buff while they aren't locked down

They mostly need a health buff so they don't get analraped by Canister Shells and Carpet Bombs. 

6. Gauss damage against buildings needs to be nerfed

Maybe.  They can wreck a base faster than 40 ODSTs, but the main problem is that 5 out of 6 of their counters suck against them(Wraith, Hunter, Cobra, Marines, Grunts).  I'd say it's not that Gauss is OP, it's that all but 1 counter actually works against them.

•  02-03-2010, 4:48 PM 812249 in reply to 766237

Wraith needs buff
  •  02-03-2010, 5:06 PM 812257 in reply to 812249

HydraSeRPNT:Wraith needs buff

People who say this use them wrong.

Forge FTW.
    3 accounts in the top 50 1v1 standard.
    Good 1v1 standard non-asian Forge player
    45 TS For 1v1

URL of the week:
    http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/

•  02-03-2010, 5:09 PM 812258 in reply to 812257

covy is op, make my guass shoot LASERSS!!

httP://www.lazyfrog.us
Page 138 of 140 (2,093 items)   « First ... < Previous 136 137 138 139 140 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML